View Single Post

Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think the engine nozzle and fairing at the base of the SRB are more structurally sound and a little easier to build on Ton's kit. I'm also combining the odd arrow-shaped structures on the engine fairing from both of your kits. At the top of the SRB, I'm adding some detail of my own. Essentially, this is an overwrap of the "louvered" bit shown in the photo at the top of the SRB. I redrew the second stage to be able to accommodate a new fairing for Ton's latest Orion. While at it, I'm trying to incorporate some of the details in the photo that are different or missing from both kits. I'll send along my parts drawings to you when I feel they're close to right. I'm doing them in powerpoint because that's all I currently have and it would take me some time to learn a new drawing program, let alone afford the software. I know there's some freeware out there, but there's still the learning curve. The structures on Ares I are fairly simple, so powerpoint is good enough for now. These can be saved into other formats like jpeg and photoshopped if the need arises.

Currently working on: ISS

Last edited by lee4752; 02-02-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling