View Single Post

Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Thank's Wyvern.

The build process:

The Zio Prudenzio kit beside a simple aparence not easy for beginners in some aspect, the buid process is not easy if you make a mistake in steps sequence.

The Caproni Ca-111 is one of last designs of Fabrizio Prudenziati before a long time of absence (2002) is a good kit an interesting subject of Golden Era.

Ca-111 is a colonial airplane made in Italia before WWII, designed to operate in several clima in Africa and Middle East Italian Possesions. Is a versatile machine (bomber, transport, recon, ground attack) whit good flight caractheristics and a great STOL capacity, Regia Aeronautica used the Ca-111 in WWII too.

The model are in two sheets, the PDF file are in high resolution and great printable area, need fit to A4 paper. In A4 the scale is 1/70, so I reduced to 1/100 scale and print in my new Epson L200.

I start cutting fuselage...

After I paint white edges with watercolors I mix to made color close to italian pre-war cream...

After dry I made with old 11 scalpel folds. (the fuselage of Ca-111 is a box, I need fold in 90º)

I start the gluing job for the nose, note the semi round shape...

After I made the canopy, the secret is a fold the two frames above the windshield for a correct form...

After I made a black box to simulate deep in gunner position, is a interesting design feature in this model.

Continue.