View Single Post

Old 01-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
I am aware of the situation (I'm a member over at Zealot).

I understand you were responding to a fellow Thai, but your answer may have been helpful to someone from a different country who does not speak Thai. I am a member on a Russian forum and I almost always try to make sure to post a translation in Russian and my original English (hoping that their translators work better than mine). The primary languages of this and Zealot are both English, and while I am not opposed to having people post in their native tongue, I believe it is common courtesy for that person to also post a translation as they are both northern/western hemisphere based forums.

As far as what Zathros wrote:

"Please, to all members, you must post in English. We will help you. I suggest you use Google Translate. Google Translate

You can post in your native tongue, but an exact translation of what you post MUST be included. This is stated in the forum rules. I myself speak three languages and wish I spoke more. I find it strange when I meet people who only speak one, so much is being missed by speaking only one language. In any event, English is the language of this forum, though, as I stated, you can post in your original language. Personally I find the script quite beautiful of many of the non western languages. I cannot imagine having to write with such intricate symbols of the letters of their alphabets. Thank you for your understanding."

"Please" is a request, not an order. He also noted that it was part of the rules.

Zathros was filling in for Ekuth to give him time to grieve the loss of his wife.

Ekuth clarified the rules but still said the same as Zathros:

"Gentlemen; to clarify this matter, I have revised the forum Rules and Regulations as the initial rule was too simple: Post in English.

That is ALL the rule stated.

Out of respect for our international members, I have revised the rule as follows:

1i.) Language:

Please post in English.
While we realize that the internet is global, our site is US based as
are the majority of our users. English is the official world language
and while we are respectful of the various cultures of individual
users, we must be able to know the full content of each post to
ensure that these rules and policies are not being violated.

This protects us all, and cuts down on miscommunications caused
by mistranslations.

Online translators are easily found, ie: Google Translate

If you wish to converse with another user in your native
languages, please feel free to do so via Private Message (PM).

Please note any questions or concerns should be addressed to me via PM."

No one has ordered anyone to post in a different language out of spite or hatred. People are asked to post in English (on both forums) so that the maximum number of members may benefit from your insights and experience.