View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 461.4 KB
The shipyard

Hi!

I managed to cut out all frames. After a dry fit to the lengthwise part I start to see the hull form and can take some last corrections(Pic 1 & 2). Frame No.18 for instance had to be made anew as indicated with the red line in Pic 2. The gun decks will be made out of c.a. 1mm card and will keep the structure more stable and straight, as the lengthwise balsa/card frame got curved from the white glue...

Also I ordered two books about the Spanish galleons and wait with my further build until their arrival. The front part of the hull is not yet fully to my satisfaction. I would like to see what historians have to say about that part of the hull, thus the order of the books. I will present them here with a couple of pictures as soon as I got them.

So much for now...

Rgds,
RdK

...Enero anno domini 1669...
Radék de la Sol de la Santa Cruz de Brazíl got richly blessed with workers, as many of the Spaniards began to flee from the English buccaneer's raids on their villages alongside the braided rivers of the tropical Main and were looking for work. With such mighty workforce the construction should speed up, so God will!! And the plans now established and put into practice by the workers cutting the Brazilian timber and bringing it down to the new established shipyard so diligently like there would be a strong cold winter coming near!!....
The ruthless pirates like Captain Henry Morgan or Captain Thomas Bartholomew Red continued raiding French vessels and burning down Spanish settlements, of which the latter one proved to be even more vicious and brutal towards his prisoners and captured wealthy aristocrats hold for a ransom, letting them fight a duel against each other while riding pickapack on the backs of other prisoners simply for the entertaining pleasure of the other pirates while drinking Radék's leftover of his very strong rum....
Meanwhile on the European continent there was a treacherous peace between the great nations, carrying out their disputes and practicing all kind of devious acts against each others in the oh beautiful Caribbean....
Attached Thumbnails
Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn018.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn019.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn_shipplans.jpg   Spanish pirate galleon "Neptune" 1:100 (scratch build)-sgn_shipyard.jpg  
In the Garage: PANHARD AML20