View Single Post

Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Basic hull construction completed

Ahoy
Thank you Grandson Peter for your wonderfull reply I will do my Sundays best on this old girl, I always had a love for the Royal Navy there is alot of History of the masters of the sea... Okay shipmates the build is going slow for now but it will speed up as i get going as to the construction all frames and sheers have dried over night to make certain the hull is warp free i added weight to the topside to keep the hull straight.. When everything has dried its time for the decks on all of the weather decks I added vanillia cardstock to reinforce the decks dont want no wavey decks an old sailor like me would get sea sick looking at that wavey deck. I added weight to keep the decks straight and make quite certain its glued properly on the top of the hull frames....so far no fit issues havew arised but due tell......after 6 hours of drying time I removed the weight and its straight all through I am a happy camper the instructions in the kit are horrible there are hardly no assembly illistrations showing each sub assembly like that of most card models in general. the kit is like a blue print you got to put your head in the designers head and think things out before you leap or you will run into trouble and you will regret it later... The casements on the foreward section of the ship is as confuseing as a steril rabbit there is a hull layout on one seperate sheet showing the steps to build the hull but its crowded with center lines and no seggestion of doubling formers you got to get arounbd the all those lines and study the parts where they go the longer you look at the assembly sheet the more clearer the build will be as for the next step i am going to add all of the connector tabs and then I skin the hull bottom side on up ten add the casements looking at the hull it reminds me of the old Battleship Utah Florida class. Here are the build update i will post a couple more this evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0001.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0002.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0003.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0004.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0005.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0006.jpg