View Single Post

Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up Skinning the Hull

Ahoy
here is the last update for the night, The update build report is the starting of the skins, Before the skinning process begins I added the conector strips that will except the top hull skins and the bottom skins got the port side sone on the top skins letting the unit dry over night tomorrow i will start on the styarboard side just like the port side there are no fit issues to the hull skins Once I have the Starboartd top hull skin finished I will tune up the hull by adding hull plate on the4 sides I already made a batch of dark sea gray paint and sprayed it on some vanilia card stock i will cut out a series of hull plates and add them to the hull sides before I get started on the bottom portion.Looks like a battlrship now instead of a keel with frames............ I worked in the casements on the forward hullk top sides the same will be added aft as well, After ingestingt the hull plan on the kit I finally got into the designers head and it worked out the way he designed the kit the casement guns will be added when the intire hull is finished.no warps in the hull I am happy anyone who has this kit dive in and build it my thread will help you out as to the warning before construction started about the hull sides dont fit up to the deck they fit just fine a lot of dry fitting is a must you cant go overboard and start glue things down as you all know modelship building is a slow process here is the build update for the night.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0001.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0002.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0003.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0004.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0005.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0006.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0007.jpg