View Single Post

Old 03-10-2013, 07:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
ski9nning the bottom of the hull

Ahoy
back at the build sorry for not keeping the thread going i8 had a bunch stuff arised another honey do list. One thing about having a first mate you got to keep her happy or you end up sleeping on the couch and have no glue. Okay fellas back at the build I started at the stem of the bow the first two skins fitted very well then it got out of wack. The bottom skins were to undersize causing a bad fit issue and a eyesore you dont need so i went back to the law of scratch building useing vanilia file cardstock wjich works wonders on cardmodels, I doubled skin the bottom useing the kits pattern of the bottom skins I cutted them out and sprayed red oxide on the cardstock trimming as I att5ach the bottom skins with the first layer of the bottom skins make the nbew skins fit very well with no fuss i am happy........ I will add some bottom panels to the finished skins whjen the hull bottom is done and lastly add the black boot topping. hopefull with this thread you fellas can get a heads up on what you are about to build Here is the update foir now i will post another this evening.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0010.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0011.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0012.jpg