View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Hull finished

Ahoy
Thank you Grandson Peter for your reply when things go wro0ng I dont give up that easy unless the project is totally out of wack... This kit is in and out of wack but its tolerable and there is ways to get around it. Okay guys heres the upshot, The hull is completed I been at this for 16 hours today it looks like the same from the last posting update....... I retooled the bottom plates and the hull itself gave it two coats of areo gloss clear dope the hull is harder then a wrenchs heart......The four screws were assembled and installed to the hull and the rudder is also attached.. the bilge keels were added and the stern casement walls were attached as well useing a punce wheel with alot of presure I made indentations to the bottom plates and blackened them in with a new black sharpie pen.. These old battlewagons like our fleet had heavy riveted plates all arouind the vessel it was a trade mark for that era untill durring the second world war the inovation of welding took its place lastly the stern observation platform was added, As of now letting the intire hull dry overnight........ Tomorrow the real fun begins adding the deck furniture and so on this will keep me going not very many parts to the kit enough to make the model and the rest is up to you for extra detail I sent away for some photo etch 1/200 scale rail sets from Toms model works this will enhance the build. The up to date fit issues so far on the kit is the bottom skins they have to be costome made by yourself if you have the courage as to the overview of the kit shes a beauty when I get all of the weathering done on her Admiral Jellacoe will approve. Here is the update for the day more tomorrow.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0006.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0007.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0008.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0009.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0010.jpg  

Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0011.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0012.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0013.jpg   Iron Duke 1/200 scale-pict0014.jpg