View Single Post

Old 04-16-2013, 09:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
New version of the Kartonowa Kolekcja Po-2

It would seem that the designer of the Kartonowa Kolekcja Po-2 model, Pawel Mistewicz, has had the same kind of thoughts as reflected above, about making a proper Russian livery for his excellent model of the Po-2.

The first KK model of 2013 is such a repainted (and slightly redesigned, I suppose, in details) version of the classic Po-2:

Have a look at several more large photos here, and order directly from KK here.

I believe this to be the perhaps ultimate Po-2 model. Reading the translated text about the model, what emerges is that this is a model of the Po-2s used by the "Nacht-hexen" (Witches of the Night; Night Withces) - the all-women night-bomber units! (Text is edited by me for clarity):

Quote:
April 2013
* From April 5 the sixteenth issue (1/2013) of this series is available. Featured is a reworked version of the light night-bomber Polikarpov Po-2 (the first edition from 2008 has been sold out). The present version of the model is slightly reworked and has received a new livery and markings. The version now introduced bears the WWII colors of the famous 46 "Taman" Night Guards Regiment, as used by this unit during the fighting in Poland in the autumn of 1944. The crew of the regiment aircraft as well as the ground staff were all women.

Designer: Paul Mistewicz. Scale 1:33. 622 parts printed on six sheets of cardboard. Laser-cut formers available, plus plastic wheels.
• Read about the 46th "Taman" Guards Night Bomber Aviation Regiment here (Wikipedia).

• A good page about the night witches

• A video of the night witches (YouTube)

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Polikarpov Po-2 Kartonowa Kolekcia 1:33-kk-po-2-1-2013.jpg  

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 04-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.