View Single Post

Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit

This started off as a beta build request from Aaron. The original scale is about 1/95 or 1/100. I have given it four attempts, first three printed on 2 pages on 1 pc of A4 paper, meaning about 70% of the original, and the fourth being reduced to 50% of the original. The first two attempts were failures because of either glue smudging on wing surface - too much handling or over-layering of thick paper to do the wings. That resulted in ugly wide open seams.

The third attempt, 70% of the original, that is about 1/135, is okay and will be shown if anyone is interested.

Anyway, what I'm showing as an entry to this contest is the 50% reduced version, about 1/200, with Dave Winfield's G75 tractor tug in the diorama. Some photoshopping was done to smooth out the seams on the top wing surface as it is quite frustrating to cut and glue the seams perfectly.

Other than this, as a beta build remarks, perhaps Aaron may wish to check out the position of the insignia on both the outer wings and patch up the white areas on the top wing surfaces. On my model, I painted them darker grey at the engine intakes and exhausts.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0663.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0664.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0666.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0667.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0668.jpg  

Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0669.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0671.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0672.jpg   Northrop-Grumman B2 Spirit-imag0665.jpg