View Single Post

Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Well, this thread has been busy while I was away. A gun and a couple of swords later the birds called to me again ...

OK, the pink legged Tux dates from a while back when the printer was going all psychedelic, but the Duck was proving such a '*!@ to make up, I needed something simple to build alongside it to occupy my fingers while waiting for tabs to stick fast, so another proper colored Tux suited the bill.

Donald was obviously unfolded in Pepakura, but I only had a couple of .jpg files, with no instructions. Not even numbered parts to give a clue as to build order. At least with a .pdo file you can see where the bits go, and get a clue as to the shape they need to be warped into, but after a frustrating three days of much experimental fitting, gluing one tab at a time, and very slow progress, I'm quite pleased with the end result, even if a lot of the glue stains are covered with poster paint.

Never again will I be working on white card at the same time as edge coloring the black parts of another model. You just don't notice the ink on your fingers until it's too late.

I keep on seriously considering the full size Osprey next. Have you started yours yet Kev?

Keep on snippin'

Johnny.