View Single Post

Old 05-05-2013, 08:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
That's a hardtop. The fastbacks didn't have that weird simulated airscoop on the rear quarters. Also it has the fairly rare optional wirewheel style hubcaps. They weren't a common option to start with and since they were really heavy after a few years the clips that held then in the wheel tended to weaken. So most became part of the roadside debris field after hitting a pothole.
It was supposed to be a hardtop (or coupe? I'm not sure if there is/what is the difference in this case) The wire wheels I just chose since Werner didn't specify any type (me and my lack of Ford knowledge) For the airscoop, I happened to see a '69 for sale that matched what he wanted so I used several photos of that car for reference and it had them.

Also, here is an untextured PDO since the grille/headlight area is a bit tricky: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B07v...it?usp=sharing I was going to make a blank/line-art version for anyone to color, but I can't find my SVG files at the moment so this is at least better than nothing