View Single Post

Old 05-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
got the shoebill crane, just what I was looking for! thanx!
Assuming you're gonna build the crane straight, don't forget to post a picture of it here. I've not seen that one made up, other than the pictures on the Canon website, which are often not very well made.

If you convert it into a terror bird (as I suspect is you intention) still post a picture of it. We will be interested.

Even if your build turns out crap, still post pictures ... so that we can tell you what has gone wrong and coach you into doing better next time.

Incidentally, talking to all interested parties ... Although it is nice the way we all compliment each others builds, I for one would prefer any faults you see on my models (even little diddy ones) to be commented on. I'm told I'm pretty good with these birds and I assure you that I do get great enjoyment from stroking them into existence. I will spend quite a bit of time burnishing, filing, or just simply caressing the thing until it forms the shape I want, but in my own mind I'm far from perfect and in order to improve further I'd much rather be criticised than complimented.

Seemingly this is not the norm on this forum, where we tend to heap praise on, in order to encourage the learners to keep it up. A good sentiment I'm sure, and keeping in the spirit of things, I too refrain from criticising when I see things that are so easy to improve on, but only if you are told about it.

Keep on snippin'

Johnny.