View Single Post

Old 05-27-2013, 06:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Wrong thread for this guys, but there's only room for two cars on my driveway. Her shopping trolly (Vauxhall Corsa) and mine (Whatever I'm rebuilding this year), so when the Jag renovation was finished it had to go make room for my next toy. An '85 Range Rover Classic.

Though the Jag was a beauty to look at, and with the 3.8 engine it was a real mover, but the Mrs was not only too frightened to drive it, she wouldn't ride in it either, so, much as I loved it, there was no point in keeping it.

Now the big soggy old Rangie suits her perfectly, wafting us round the country lanes in style and superb comfort. We can now see over the hedges and it is quite happy to explore the mountain tracks too. She hasn't experienced it on a motorway yet though.

It doesn't accelerate quite as good as the Jag, but more than well enough considering that it has the streamlining of a brick. It will cruise at a higher speed than the Jag, without all the noise. Just that superb V8 burble. Although it's superbly comfortable for long journeys, at 15mpg it won't be going too far from home. Toying with fitting LPG, but I am first going to experiment with a Browns Gas generator. LPG is cheaper to run than petrol, but there is a considerable performance loss. Browns Gas is virtually free with a probable increase in performance. It's on carbs, not fuel injection.

Anyway, getting back to the Birds ... One Swan and a Cygnet completed, but not ready for a picture yet. It's a predominately white bird, and I've got Mucky Nick hands (Mechanic)... so it definitely needs a lot of touching up. It's a good model kit though, and I thoroughly recommend it. The adult bird has a choice of two different posable heads (I shall build two adults) and the gosling has a movable head, so extra ones can also be in different poses.

I've got a few penguins queuing up behind the Swans, but there's a new train (D West's) and a couple of guns also on the starting blocks. They've all got to fit in around a complete brake re-build on the Rangie though.

Keep on snippin',

Johnny.