View Single Post

Old 05-29-2013, 08:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I decided to build this model just a few days ago. I'm having numerous issues. I know this challenge is old, but I was hoping to maybe get some help here...

1. Most of the fuse frame parts don't fit. The formers do not go the entire length of the keel..there is about 1/16" keel below the formers. The F12 and the cockpit floor are too short for the distance between the formers they go between. If you laminate to .5mm cardstock, all of the former and keel slots are too narrow. Also, the F12 flat piece in the upper nose is too thick if you use .5mm - it protrudes beyond the curve in F3 and F4.

2. The outer skin of the sides and bottom are too long for the inner frame, about 1/8".

3. The inner wing panels are too long, they go to the very edge of the wing tip in the front, and beyond it in the back.

I suspect that some of of this might be scaling problems with the printing?

4. The tube for the wing wire is too big. It makes the airfoil too fat.

5. is the wing wire suppose to be a continuous piece one wing panel through the fuselage into the other wing panel? If so, the whole for the wire in the keel is way too big?

6. Geez - time to start over. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated...I wish Designers included more info in their instructions.