View Single Post

Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Actually, no, I totally agree with Rupert...just because he can not locate the original designer or copyright holder does not give Diderick the right to produce these models at his convenience and certainly not for profit; nor does it relieve him from any obligation to ensure that he has a legal right, as opposed to a moral convenience, to anything models that he produces and distributes.

As Diderick has been quite blatantly marketing Rupert's models here on PM, I think that Rupert is well within his rights to publicly advise Diderick and the rest of the PM community of the status of his models. It was also appear that there is some uncertainty regarding the claim "...reproductions of these wonderful models - in cooperation with the original designer..." I think that Diderick's comment "...He left paper modelling behind him many years ago, and did not even keep the original artwork..." is actually quite rude and, really, it is the copyright holder's right to do what he likes with his art and entirely his decision whether he makes it available to others...

To me this issue is no different than those with Alice and others...