View Single Post

Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello Guys,

now I have to change the materials from paper to metal and sheet for some time.

Let's begin with the first Access Platform AP 1.

Therefore next the measures of the platform marked out successively on the L-beam (2x1 mm), at the corners the narrow side (1 mm) carefully in each case a miter was in-filed, and the first bend already was done.

And it already went around the next corner and to the next bend, and so on … However looks simply, the next pictures therefore in fast consequence:

And the first framework was finished in principle already. And therefore directly to the PE-plate with the grating, to which now the framework measures became to transfer.

Afterwards the first part of the grating was carefully cut out, fit in within the frameworks and glued together with Superglue.

Now the missing rest of the grating was to be only installed, and the first Access platform was so well finished already, up to the small framework for the camera landing.

And the boys created that just before the end of workday.

Next then the underbody with the girders and bracers is to build. Since I did not want to use the shown platform brackets from the Paper kit, plastic profiles were used. I hope the real Paper Modeler will turn a blind eye to me.

For the girders I used now H-beams 1.5x1.5 mm, which conclude the frameworks downward concisely with the L-beam. The planned I-beams 2x1,3 mm would have over confessed downward over the frameworks.

Bye for now!

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-11-2016 at 06:09 AM.