View Single Post

Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
So, well then ago with the bracers! These pipsqueaks one should not naturally want to glue in such a way from the hollow hand, that would not become accurate. Therefore I considered myself following small assembly aids for the right angles:

And now it can start, and always carefully the bracers with the tweezers to snap, so that they do not jump aside again, with Superglue dabs and then fast and accurately at the characterized places diagonally against the platform carriers glued. And after the 9th bracer it was then finally done.

And because it went so beautifully, directly still the first cross-beams were by right cut and adapted, which can be glued now.

Well yes, sees already completely properly out for first, I think.

In the meantime also the remaining bracers at the first Access Platform were installed.

Who looks exactly, will recognize that on the right of outside the last diagonal bracer is missing, which I removed from the following reason again: There was not completely clear me so far, how this bracer is installed, because at this place of Side 1 there is no vertical reinforcement profile, at which all remaining diagonal bracers push away.

As one in the next photo clearly can see (arrow), this last bracer is somewhat shorter than the others and supports themselves against the diagonal props of the Pedestal support off, while all remaining bracers prop away against the vertical reinforcement profiles of Side 1.

Source: NASA

Therefore this bracer can be installed only if this Pedestal support at the corner to Side 2 will be installed. There are a few small props in the original platform still, but without those I can live, particularly since I think that it looks so already acceptably. In the end it was anyway already rather stressful with the small parts.

Then I already out-looked for the sheet with the accessories parts, that would then next be the two Equipment pallets AP 1 C (left) and AP 1 D (right), on which then still different armatures will be installed, among other things a first camera (AP 1 G/H).

And like the first try-on shows, the platform fits nevertheless already completely well to its place.

And already it can go on with the next Access platform (AP 2), that is the lowest platform at Side 1, of one can arrive over stairs at the Crawler.

Source: NASA

Here is the appropriate kit template, in which some, like this stairs to the Crawler, is only suggested e.g. Okay, who does not build the Crawler, this stairs do not need, but the opening is nevertheless present, and it reaches nearly up to the center of the platform.

So long for today.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-11-2016 at 06:11 AM.