View Single Post

Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Now there is another simple kit. But unlike the previous one, this was no joy to build at all.

The kit is by “paper models inc.” and can be found here: http://site.papermodelsonline.com/fr...tofstlouis.pdf

But before you download it, please consider it very carefully.

The kit is ugly. The shapes are all wrong. The graphics deviate too much from the original plane. Some fits are incredibly bad. The structure is too weak and flimsy. There are no instructions of any kind, and the landing gear struts are a nightmare to build (no diagrams, no tabs, no folds, no anchor points)… you have to guess almost everything to be able to use all the parts, and make them fit in a more or less reasonable way.

The scale is 1/60 (wingspan) and 1/52 (length). No proportions at all.

This is the first kit in my life I really regret to have built. The effort and time spent is just too much for such a poor result.

Before I took the pictures a book fell on it, crushed the struts, and I really didn’t feel any pain.

This kit was also printed on silver cardstock, which was good because it is thick. And for this kit you need some good cardstock because the overall structure is too weak.

I swear I will never again build this kit, or any other kit by this designer.
Attached Thumbnails
-sp-2-01.jpg   -sp-2-02.jpg   -sp-2-03.jpg   -sp-2-04.jpg   -sp-2-05.jpg  

-sp-2-06.jpg   -sp-2-07.jpg   -sp-2-08.jpg   -sp-2-09.jpg   -sp-2-10.jpg  

-sp-2-11.jpg  

Last edited by Rubenandres77; 08-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.