View Single Post

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
This is a really good idea. A couple of years ago I tried to enthuse people for it (at the time, I was mainly with Kartonbau.de - see this entire thread devoted to the subject; in English).

As you say, the advantages are many - in general, fitting into a whole world of models made of other stuff than paper. For me it was the availability of plastic figures that was the greatest advantage.

I did not build many models, but devoted much time to scale down existing models and making my own small kits of them, in picture postcard format (which was the original idea with Fiddlers Green, remember?). Suddenly, the use of genuine photo paper in varying thicknesses seemed affordable, another advantage.

Just to support your idea, here are some photos of the one model I've kept, a free download of PWS-50 from Modele Kartonowe, some figures (both plastic and paper), and my kit of it, on a single A4 sheet:

- Leif
Attached Thumbnails
HO scale aircraft?-pws50-3.jpg   HO scale aircraft?-pws50-87-72-250.jpg   HO scale aircraft?-pws-50-figures.jpg