View Single Post

Old 09-11-2013, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Canon Dozer - two ways

Having almost settled on what to build next, I was recently inspired to try something else.

I've decided to do two builds of the Canon Komatsu D155-AX Bulldozer. Firstly, a quick and dirty no-frills build of the canon kit exactly as it's provided. No edge colouring, no added detail or extra effort at all. I'm going to follow this up with an upsized, no holds barred super detail version using the first build as a guide for what I have to work with and what needs to be built from scratch.

I have no digital design software or skills so I'm not going to bother with any of that, I'll be adding the detail from scratch by eye using pencil and paper and most likely mixed media. I'll base most of this on an enlarged version of the canon kit and add to it as I need to. The first stage of this will be having the kit enlarged by a print shop as I don't have access to an A3 printer and am too lazy to cut/paste and re-arrange parts myself.

To get this thread started, I've already completed the "quick and dirty" build of the canon kit, it's a relatively simple kit to build but the kit itself has more detail than I was expecting. The dozer blade and ripper at the rear both have working hydraulic cylinders and can be moved/posed in different positions.

Canon Dozer - two ways-img_20130913_141050.jpgCanon Dozer - two ways-img_20130913_141105.jpg

Next up I'm off to the printer to have the kit printed out at 179% ( I think) to take it from 1:43 to 1:24 or something like that, so it will be in scale with the other construction stuff I've already built.

Meanwhile I've started collecting reference material to help with the added detail. I think one of the first things I'll take on will be figuring out how I'm going to do the tracks. I want individual track links and have never done anything like that before so that's going to be interesting, to say the least.

Canon Dozer - two ways-komatsu-d155ax-6.jpgCanon Dozer - two ways-komatsu-d155ax_mp280_pic_47256.jpgCanon Dozer - two ways-d155ax-6-409079_2b.jpg

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000