View Single Post

Old 09-20-2013, 07:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
more details

Hello B-17 fans. I am really glad that John had finally gotten around to doing this B-17 series. I too was born with, or developed at a very young age, a deep interest and love of this airplane.

Most everyone that "knows" me here a PM.com, knows me as Swampfox, some also know me privately as Anthony Sanchez. I've been helping John with test builds for a couple of years now, and with the introduction of his B-17, figured I'd quickly "Out" myself just to keep things simple as to who I am.

As I do these test builds I take lots of pictures so that we can discuss design, construction and fitting problems that pop up during development of the model. I will post additional images to John's, as comments and questions arise. These additions are being done at John's request to me, so please don't think I'm trying to hijack his thread.

For the most part I plan to watch from the back of the room and enjoy this show with the rest of you.

B-17 Flying Fortress-white-b-17-grave-yard-640.jpg click to enlarge
Here is a small example of my B-17 graveyard of some of the B-17's that have been test built so far. There are parts, I recall for B-17E, F's, G's and maybe even a couple of earlier variants in this image.

B-17 Flying Fortress-white-g-fuselage-only-2-640.jpg
This image shows the White paper build of a fairly complete B-17G fuselage.....

B-17 Flying Fortress-tail-guns-mount-early-g-400.jpg, B-17 Flying Fortress-back-tail-gun-mount-400.jpg
This is the tail gun mount for the early G's. Lots of detail and some interesting looking pieces. (Front and back views)

Thanks,

Anthony/SFX