View Single Post

Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
I managed to do a test fit of the horizontal stabilizers this past weekend. I still have a few tweaks here and there. In photos I can see access panels on the under sides of the stabilizers that aren’t shown in any of the plans I have so I’ll have to get that sorted out. This week I want to get the Cheyenne tail turret started and get at least one of the top turrets done for the B-17E and F.

Thanks to Swampfox/Anthony for all the help with the test builds and for providing objective observations. It is always a relief when someone else can actually build something I designed such as that tail gun mount. I’ll have to draw the assembly diagram for it and post it so you can see what is going on with that.

I should take some photos of my extensive B-17 test build graveyard. As well as my Stratoliner and B-24 graveyards. I like to hold on to the test builds as I can re-cycle them. I have one B-17B test fuselage that I re-used to test the early versions of the B-17G cheek gun mounts and chin turret.

I remember all those Quinn Martin Productions. Strangely enough, I’ve never seen the “12 O’clock High” TV series. Was it any good?