View Single Post

Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.47 MB
Thanks Ruben for the tip about photo posting. Here are some other images of the Bleriot from Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome ("ORA"), taken in 2009, which was the last time, I believe, that I actually saw it fly, on it's 100th birthday! I go every year, usually on Father's Day, although now that my son and I are into flying RC planes we may switch to going on the RC Model jamboree day (which is what we did this year).

Bengt, what a great idea to paint a "7" on the tail! Only thing is, the tail shape is different from the FG kit. Come to notice it, the tail shapes varied a lot on the Bleriot from model to model. Perhaps I'll give it a try. it should not be too hard to cut that number out as a jpeg, scale it down and print it out on tissue paper and glue it on like a decal. Indeed, maybe the simpler solution is to just print the entire tail out on paper and make the part from that. Thanks for giving me something to ponder!

One thing to note, the engine on the ORA Bleriot in these photos is not the Anzani 3-cylinder that appears on the Fiddler's model. I am actually modelling the Anzani, which actually goes inside the frame (which is the engine that the original XI had), as opposed to the ORA engine, a later "Y" configuration model, which is sticking out on some kind of firewall (see the close up in the last photo) and is a more modern engine type.
Attached Thumbnails
Bleriot XI - heavily modified!-ora-8.1.09-025.jpg   Bleriot XI - heavily modified!-ora-8.1.09-024.jpg   Bleriot XI - heavily modified!-ora-8.1.09-023.jpg   Bleriot XI - heavily modified!-ora-8.1.09-014.jpg   Bleriot XI - heavily modified!-ora-8.1.09-012.jpg  

Last edited by altbob; 01-14-2014 at 03:47 PM.