View Single Post

Old 01-24-2014, 07:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A true Master at work.... amazing results!

Coming from the plastic modelers world I was caught by the idea that you do not simply glue pre modelled plastic parts together, but in fact build a complete 3d model from a flat piece of cardboard paper.... so I stepped in, also being discouraged by coloring the plastic models (requiring expensive equipment) and the fact that on most cardboard models that seems to already been done.

At this moment I am building the Dutch cruiser "De Ruyter" but I eagerly want to start building the Bismarck as I already start building that ship when I was like 12 or so, but then in plastic. I am reading just about anything I can get my hands on.

Can you tell me why you decided to build the GPM Bismarck and not (for instance) the HMV Bismarck? Was it the difference in scale? Or?

At this moment the HMV set is still my nr1 on my "which Bismarck to build list", but as this is going to be a long term project over a few years, it seems important to make a well thought out decision on which set to use. I would be grateful for your advice and/or explanation on why you have selected the GPM set?

One of my arguments for choosing the HMV set is the quality of the instructions. As a beginning paper modeler, I need clear instructions. "For Dummies" let's say.... My perception is, that most modelers think HMV is doing the best job at that aspect, hence my preference for the HMV set.