View Single Post

Old 01-26-2014, 05:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
The story continues.....

Hi Guys !

Long time no write
Building this ship is really a hobby I pursue in the winter, so my last post was quite some time ago. However, no worries, I am still at it!

Building the "De Ruyter" until now has proven to be quite a challenge. I have learned a lot from making mistakes and thinking them over.
Also, I most definitely would NEVER EVER have come this far if it weren't for Legion's wonderful photos which really guided my through the build until now. Legion: thank you very much AGAIN for all of your effort to provide these photo's! I know it must have been a huge effort for you to create and publish them, but as you can see it isn't in vain: many will have benefited from it, or will in the future!

So, besides telling everyone that I am still building, I will post a few images showing you guys how the status is.

Now, please remember, this is my first card model build ever, and I am a true beginner! So I see this project as a step-in, learning project in order to prepare myself for starting the build on the HMV 1:250 Bismarck later.

Because of that, I would welcome any remark that can teach me something, or might help me.

I must say, some of the pieces built so far were really tiny, and as such daunting to build. But I find it a truly relaxing activity although I can not build very long each time.

I will struggle on, and enjoy myself, and hopefully along the way learn something as well !
Attached Thumbnails
Light Cruiser "Hr.Ms. de Ruyter" 1936-1942 waterline, camouflage-deruyter_2014_jan_1.jpg   Light Cruiser "Hr.Ms. de Ruyter" 1936-1942 waterline, camouflage-deruyter_2014_jan_2.jpg   Light Cruiser "Hr.Ms. de Ruyter" 1936-1942 waterline, camouflage-deruyter_2014_jan_3.jpg