View Single Post

Old 02-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Hi all. I've been an infrequent contributor to this forum, :o and I see that there have been over 8,200 unread posts since my last thread, so you're either a VERY active group, or it's been even longer than I thought since I last visited; probably a combination of both. About a year ago the Fiddler's Green bug bit me. I like fun, short duration projects with minimal parts, and FG models fit that description to a T. I don't want to suggest that they're easy though, and if any of you have built any FG models, I'm sure you'll agree that they have their own frustrations and challenges. I have an ongoing thread on the Fiddler's Green forum titled "jusfiddlin's models" where I've been posting descriptions and admittedly poor photos of my builds. I reduce the models to a consistent 1/72 scale (with the exception of the Corsair which somehow wound up being 1/95 scale), and use 110 lb card stock (way too heavy, but I've gotten used to it). I know every forum loves pictures so I thought I'd pay you guys (and gals), a long overdue visit and submit some photos for your viewing pleasure.

Ira Kepford's Corsair in 1/95 scale

1/72 Vought SB2U Vindicator - pre war colors

Closeup showing bomb rack

1/72 Curtiss P40

1/72 He 162 Salamander

Salamander closeup

1/72 V-1 (pretty small in this scale)

1/72 J3 Piper Cub

Piper Cub closeup

I'm currently building der Kampfflieger's Vultee Vengeance in 1/100 and his Martin Baker MB2 in 1/72. I'll post some photos when they are done.

Regards,
Don
Very great models you got there, could you direct me to where you got that flame effect for the V1?

Thanks!

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)