View Single Post

Old 04-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Flying Cardstock Models

Hi Everybody,

Here are some of my latest models doing their thing. Wind needs to be from the West and/or North to use the lauching area to its fullest. I'm using only a fraction of the total vertical drop (400ft total) here at a highschool buddies ranch.

These photos show the town of Elba, Idaho in the background. Only homes and a church, no grocery store or gas station! Nearest place that has both is over 45-miles away!!

The F104 has made over 30+ flights. It has a replaceable nosecone. It has been replaced a few times... You can see from the one photo that it is bent or wrinkled. For flights all I do is pull it out and keep flying. Once the days flights were done I made a new Nosecone and replaced the damaged one. Each time this is done it needs to be re-balanced for flight.

On the Sr71 flight photo, you'll notice that it dropped a wing. To fix this I had to bend the trailing edge down a little bit on the wing that is dropping and then it flew normal. It is 4ft long.

The other photos are of models that are 3ft long.

Hope you like them!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Flying Cardstock Models-6ft-f104.jpg   Flying Cardstock Models-f104-elba.jpg   Flying Cardstock Models-f104-ryan-cropped.jpg   Flying Cardstock Models-sr71-habu.jpg   Flying Cardstock Models-x1.jpg