View Single Post

Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is a really good question...

Since I desperately hate edge-coloring, with a blinding, driving, passion.... I tend to use full-color papers. I've found that the Color Mates 65 lb cover (177 gsm) color stock are excellent for everything I do. They take a clean score line for folds, they take curves well with Shrike's Roly-Styk, and best of all, there's literally hundreds of colors available, so that when you cut a part out, the edge is the same color all the way through.

I lately have found that the Core'dinations ColorCore cardstock is pretty good as well, except that I can only find it in 12" x 12" sheets, and they all have a textured side. In other words, only one side is smooth. That really doesn't matter much, except when you screw up a page of parts, you can't flip the thing over and print the corrected version on the other side. They have hundreds of good colors too.

If you can find it, some craft/scrapbooking/art websites have packages that you can order that are basically color swatches, so that you can match colors if you need to.