View Single Post

Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Project Dropship 1:24 / Aliens

Hi again fellow papermodellers/builders/designers,

It is 1.5 years since u.s.s.Sulaco was finished and I needed a break from all ALIENS things.

12 years ago Iīve builded a Dropship from Derrin Proctors 3D model made by Halcyon plastic kit. The paper model was horrible and I cancelled the development of this iconic ship for one year.
Derrinīs 3D model is still around in the internet and you can download it in various formats. Every second dropship you will google is based on his project.

In 2003 I ve created my own AutoCad 3D model that i liked and...after that (2005) Iīve constructed the cockpit only...that was the last thing I did for the dropship.

__________________________________________________ _______

NOW i thing is the right time to reopen my project of the
1:24 scale UD-4L Cheyenne Utility Dropship

Well...This time it will be little bit different. If you look into internet, you will find few modellers who designed their dropships by themselves.
Sometime better sometimes less better according to released reference materials.

Derrin Proctorīs 3D dropship.

Halcyon model kit

and finally ..one of the movie props

Thre are so many differences, from the model props and 1:1 studio installed Dropship in the movie, trough official model kit from Halcyon to each modelers around the world....SO..

Iīve decide to go my way. There will be no such movie 100% accurate model, (it canīt be done anyway) but it will be dropship trough my eyes. I want to make fully moveable model - front legs, rocket pods, rear leg, wings....
Where is no reference material, no detail (like engine intakes) or some ugly thing or movie dropship and movie prop not match -> then is time for my inovation

...it will be long way trip..specially with the 3d model development....so be patient
I started wit my 11 years old model and thinking about the moveable parts:

moveable leg - optimalized for papermodel

rentgen view...