View Single Post

Old 07-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Hello all together,

in order to bridge the time before the semi-final showdown against Brazil tonight, here a few quick pictures of the other ladder preparations. After I made the fitting of the ladder on the LOX TSM yesterday, here is the test on the LH2 TSM. For this, the support brackets were inserted into the pre-punctured holes again and their height balanced with the spacer profile.

And this ladder lies good so far on the support, as you can see.

So, now I must come to the ladders on the service-flap boxes, which are much less accessible for marking the holes of the supports with the help of my template. To place the template on the narrow boxes similar to the side faces,

I had to devise a suitable support for the TSM again. So I've made ​​two spacer blocks made ​​of balsa, a longer part that fits with height just below the box, and a second part as support on the TSM top. The lower side is as usual fixed by the holding mandrel clamped in the vise.

And so the TSM should then lie reasonably stable to apply the template and pre-puncture which each 12 holes for the support brackets, because a little pressure is necessary to apply when pre-puncturing the holes in the balsa core.

That is all for today.

And last not least, our Team Germany has made ​​history tonight and sensational sent home the host Brazil 7:1, unbelievable but true!!!

F I N A L

Thank you friends for the fingers crossed.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-01-2016 at 12:06 AM.