Total Downloaded: 14.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk78 View Post
This is going to be another good looking ship
NH78
I'll try to do my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
the original design for the queen mary2 was stunning however micky ariston? who owns carnival which now owns cunard insisted that all outside cabins had a balcony hence the tower block effect she has now.technically she is a great ship but her transatlantic sleek lines are spoilt and imho the idiot wgho designed the funnels needs shooting
Is there any pre-design sketches or concept drawings of QM2 on the net, that illustrates those differences?

-*-*-*-
Made some progress. Despite good deck plans and cross-section I still don't have diagram of hull surface curves. For that reason, for first approach I'm creating hull surface using 3Dmesh design. Comparing to various pictures and by guessing I manage to get such results:
The distinguishing sharp line on Canberra's bow I shall make later, while designing surfaces for paper enviroment.

sample I used:

Still, it is hard to define how accurate the hull is, but first impression looks acceptable.
Next step is to transfer lines on surface at places where I think the frame section parts should be.