View Single Post

Old 10-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wink Containership - Conti Belgica .

Hi;
Has anyone built this ship ? This fine model , in 1/250 scale has to be the most fun I've had with a paper ship model . Although the model has a 1989 date on the kit , I wonder if it is still offered by WILEMSHAVEN . For it's scale the detail is amazing .And you could order extra containers for her too ! I am going to try to get one more from someplace, before I start this one I have . I have built three of them for customers who were knocked off their feet by the detail on a " Paper " ship . I did, however get photo-etched rails ,stairs and ladders for her .
My experience with these , pointed out the ability to create MUSEUM grade ship models with the least amount of expense as compared to plastic or other media .I have one . A Chris-Craft 30' day -cabin Picnic Boat that is built out of paper . It is R.C. operated and so far has remained light , easy to handle, and strong . She's about 26" long .
I made her patterns by using contour gauges and calipers and doing take-offs from a small plastic model about forty five years old . The paper is photo paper coated with resin after assembly .She has plenty of frames and flooring to support the running gear .
See, even the CONTI-BELGICA could be done this way and you would be the envy of everyone at the pond ! Just a thought .

Last edited by papersurprise50; 10-06-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: incomplete punctuation