View Single Post

Old 05-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Shinji -- How great it is to have another person in the forum with an interest in and knowledge of Japanese aircraft. Especially one with a Japanese language ability!

I studied Japanese in the past and lived in the country for a few years and so I can puzzle out photo captions and other short entries with the aid of dictionaries. But my language skills are pretty rudimentary. That hasn't stopped me from trying to translate short aviation-related Japanese passages from time to time, but it is best to have folks like yourself, Yu, and Lex, who actually CAN read the language.

Tonight, I will take a look at the Marek Ki-61s in my collection and see what I think about the landing gear. You are our lead scout for this model, so one way or another, we should learn a lot from your build.

I will also be interested to know how you plan to attach the prop. I have a somewhat crude system of aluminum tube and pin that allows props to turn. Leif Ohlsson has provided a much more elegant solution that I hope to try out. Meanwhile, I await further news from your fine build.

Ganbatte!

Don