View Single Post

Old 12-01-2014, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonmr34 View Post
...Oh! Right...the last two!

The Sunder was designed by Blaar, built using a custom skin I did (wanted to make it look like a Cybrid from those Earthsiege games for some reason?)

Instead of small parts being the tricky part, the Sunder had lots of large pieces! Lots of reinforcement for the main body and where arms/legs attached. Attaching the arms might require some stronger glue/support, due to how large the guns are compared to the tiny little arm connections. I added some counterweight to the feet, but it is probably stable enough as is to stand on its own. Not very difficult all in all, but its just the large pieces that might be tricky...

Black Knight was designed by Monkeyrum, and built using one of his custom skins based off of those "Calvin and Hobbs" comics. (I'm a big fan of those comics )

Nothing too complicated with the Black Knight. The torso ends up somewhat solid and while there are a few small parts, they aren't complicated. Again, there are some spots on the arms where there isn't much surface area to connect some of the larger pieces (like the shoulder plate), so some stronger glue might be needed. This one might be stable enough to stand on its own...I put some counterweight in the feet, just in case.

And that's it for the "Black Knights" expansion mechs! Maybe I'll save the "Mech Pak" mechs for when I get the last three done (or maybe split them up into Clan and IS?)
I've actually never seen the black knight built by anyone. I unfolded it and released it without a beta I believe. Build looks good. I was actually thinking I might need to build one here...