View Single Post

Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikokibert View Post
I finished it. It looks great. It came out at 18g or 5/8 oz according to the kitchen scales. It balanced at the cg without any weight added. I found the slit for the tail was a little short. I extended it back to the jet nozzle. The wing fit perfectly.
Initial test glides indicate it is a touch nose heavy. It is a bit hard to do any more testing today as it is very humid and the flying surfaces are a bit too soft to trim. Also it has just come up windy.
I have probably made it a bit too heavy. If I substituted balsa for the laminated fuselage and just used thin paper for the cover it would be lighter.
Once I get the trimming done I will shove a pin in the bottom somewhere in front of the cg and try it as a catapult launched glider. The weight could help in thus situation.
I really enjoyed making this. It was a real quick build.

Robert
Awesome! Glad you liked it! Any ideas on how to improve will be greatly appreciated!

thinking of an actual airfoil shaped wing (top and bottom and tips to hold the shape), do you think it will create a much more complex model?

great Photos!

Mike