View Single Post

Old 12-30-2014, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Model suggestion thread

I'm gonna try something. Sometimes, I look through my meager collection of 3-views and books, and have no idea what to design next. I get lots of ideas just browsing through the forum, and have even seen a few "that's an oddball, maybe Aaron will design a model of it" comments in threads. So, I wanted to consolidate everything into one thread, and set a few basic ground rules.

1: I take any and all suggestions as long as a good large 3-view and picture is included, preferably in color. Google and I are not on friendly terms, and trying to find information on an aircraft is iffy at best for me.

I once designed a model for somebody, and when I asked for a pic of the version he wanted, found out I'd designed the wrong plane

2: The odder an aircraft is, the better.

3: US Coast Guard or NASA/NACA versions go high on the list.

4: Some planes just have that "Cooooooooool" factor that makes me wanna design them.

5: Bribery helps

6: The rarer it is in the paper modelling world, the better. Harriers, F-117's, F-15's, Me-109's and the like are a little overdone.

So, if you have a suggestion, or see an oddball plane in your web carousing, drop a 3-view here, and I'll have a look at it.