View Single Post

Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaperguy View Post
it went up at a 30 degree angle and stalled when it lost airspeed. just like an actual aircraft the moment between the TE of the wing and the LE of the elevator is so short they cancel out. since there is no insindence it wont try to recover. it just happened to drop the left wing this time before nosing in. i frew it rite after that and i got a flat glide to the rite. i bent the right tip down a few degrees and i git an even shallower bank to the left. that and with them being so close together the air seperating from the TE of the MAIN wing is to dirty for the elevator to bite and pull out. the tree gave my plane pack and after one flight across the yard i tried using the rubber band hook im willing to bet i topped the 100ft mark. it was a flat eye level launch that woulda been further but a bush stopped it at the heigth it was flying. im 5ft 11in tall and my eyes are 5ft 5in above the ground. i wear a size 12 shoe and got 118 heel to toe steps from where i took the pic to where it landed. if you want mike im willing to put it in an envelope and send it to you for futher testing.
( first pic is the extension scotch taped to the tail. it is a help with the trimming by being flexable. Pic 2 is the distance looking from the launch point top the bush it hit. pic 3 it slightly zoomed showing the position of the glider)
No need to send it, I'm working on several changes to find the balance myself. With you modifying the rudder, that saves a step already.

Because the fuselage acts like a rudder (Flat all the way) the rudder has to overcome the effects up forward from what the nose wants to steer. Anything forward of the CG/Neutral point is un-stabilizing. By making the rudder bigger you can eventually overcome the nose effects, but from what I see you're doing, why not make the nose/fuselage slight shorter (height wise). Loose a little weight instead of gaining?

To make the rudder bigger means weight gain, from the bigger rudder, but far more damaging is the weight to balance that will need added to the front.

I'm working on some mods, should be able to print and test tonight, if I get them done.

Mike