View Single Post

Old 01-10-2015, 06:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papersurprise50 View Post
! I wish I could find another! Papersurprise 50
I always scan a copy before building a kit. And usually do a first build from a scanned copy. That way, when/if things go wrong parts can be replicated to try again, and of course, you can build it again later if you so desire.(.puǝıɹɟ ɐ ɥʇıʍ ʇı ǝɹɐɥs uǝʌǝ ɹo)

It also allows you to re-scale should you so desire.

My Son found an unopened Bird-Mobile Osprey kit in a Charity shop and phoned me to ask if I'd like it, at £5 ? At that price I'll take ten Son. Sorry Dad, there's only one.

Now this is a big model, printed on A3 card ... but I've got an A3 scanner/printer. So I've easily digitaly archived the model and also shrunk the model down to A4 size pages to successfully build a 1:2 scale osprey. That fits in better with the bird collection flying from my conservatory roof.

Some of these bigger models come on non-standard card sizes, or if you don't have a big enough scanner, this can be overcome by cutting out all the pieces and lightly tacking them on to A4 sheets. These can now be scanned into an A4 print file. With big parts that just won't fit on an A4 sheet, you just have to decide where to cut them in half so that they can be glued back together with a backing tab.

Last edited by JohnM; 01-10-2015 at 06:42 PM.