View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Epps View Post
I have purchased a scan n cut. $400.00 base model. As earlier stated the only difference is added on patterns for quilting and scrap booking for the more expensive machines..
My first couple of cuts were disappointing. Then I sort of got the hang of how it worked and all I can say the mind boggles. The results are not super fine cuts like you would get from a laser. But they are quite good. As for how thick a material you can cut, I have run 20lb to light cardboard and they are cut with no hassle. The software for the machine from brother is wild. I haven't had the time to learn it well, but from what I have seen it looks cool. It's free by the way. Learning how to use the machine is a journey to you tube. Check it out.
And for those of you that think this is going to replace your knife, forget it. This is a fantastic tool that will help you achieve a model in less time, with more consistent cuts and better quality than you would expect. Granted at the price charged, it costs a lot. So far it was worth it.
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the inside info!

I do have some questions.
1) Any idea on how long the Low Tack Adhesive mat might last?
2) Do you need it for heavier cardstocks?
3) Are you using the normal blades or did you get the "deep" cut versions?
4) You mention it probably won't replace the knife, is this because the finer detail cuts on small parts will still need to be cut with a knife?
5) Last question-it says that the scanner only works with the 12"x12" mat, can it cut the full 12x24 size mat?

Thank you in advance for any answers you can provide!

Mike