Thread: Project S.A.M.
View Single Post

Old 03-06-2015, 06:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking Project S.A.M.

Hey All

Since I have finished the V12 Engine, I have been going through many ideas what to do next and after taking 3 options I have settled on a transformer.

Now I am not really a fan of the movies but the idea of making a transformer has been there on the bucket list for quite some time now, I have looked into which is the best one that one can make work and move and bend and so on, and this one is the best shoot of getting it to work.

My model is going to be close to this version in that of the type of truck but that is as far as it goes.

I have looked at trucks out there and the Scania is the truck that I best like and I found some good drawings of these trucks.

The scale of the model is going to be big, the smallest that I will think of is maybe 1:24, but it is most likely going to be on the scales of 1:18 or 1:15 because of the detail I want to add in the movements.

For those who are wondering what S.A.M. is: it's Symbiont Articulated Mechanism.

This model is going to have a lot of moving parts, the best way for me to get this to even be a workable model is to design it in Inventor (Which by the way I am busy teaching myself. I do have some experience in 3D design packages namely Pro-Engineer, but Inventor is by far easiler to design in)
So that I can see and test the movements before even cutting the first piece of paper.

At this moment that is also the extra part of mobile weapons storage platform that will go with the truck/transformor as well.

May the Force be with me.

Retunga