View Single Post

Old 06-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Use #110 card stock. You want the fuselage to be rigid. Build the model and leave a space under where the cockpit would be, won't apply glue there, the idea being that you adjust the center of gravity by sliding the penny forward or back. Using long rubber bands and a yard stick place on the ground and pull back gently. You have a good flight when it flies between 1 and 4 inches. It should be biased nose heavy or it will really take off and you don't get the fun ground effect. You really have it adjusted good when the last few feet seem to slow for it to still be flying (at the point, tape or glue the penny in place). By adding lightweight paper flaps on the trailing edge of the wings you can play with how the air is caught and released under the wing. The wing end pieces are really important as they prevent air from spilling over to the top of the wing. Thanks for having fun with this. At the Zealot forum when I first loaded them many people made them and had a blast with them. Feel free to Photoshop and do whatever you please with them, including commercial gain. It is my gift to the paper model world (albeit a small one) for all the models I have gotten for free.

Last edited by Zathros; 06-02-2009 at 03:32 PM.