View Single Post

Old 06-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
To insanity - and beyond!

Today's installment ...

I was having way too much fun, started feeling guilty (another character flaw, I'm still working on this retirement thing). I decided I'd build the current crop of manned launchers as a theme/purpose. I already had the Long March and Soyuz in 1:200 (so I rescaled everything to match that - no logical reason, just lazy) and added Alphonso's AXM Shuttle, enlarged Roland's ARES I from the LHVCC, and kit-bashed Lancer's Jupiter 232 (also LHVCC) into the latest ARES V configuration by stretching and redoing the engine section. I also did a downsized and simplified build of Ton's (smaller) Saturn V to provide some historical perspective.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p3200025.jpg
Now living at a local elementary school

That led to building the series of space capsules - Precison Paper's Mercury (from the wayback machine), Ton's Gemini/Apollo/Orion, MARS Center's Soyuz (arghhh-lots of little parts, but I did get to brush up on my Italian with the instructions), and a very simple Chinese ShenZhou from Hong-Kong (also via U-Don's I think, Yuki Yuji had a much better one out a while ago but it's been pulled). I'm missing the Vostok and Voshkod - hadn't found Leo's site at that time.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p3200016.jpg
Out as examples for local High School Aviation Institute project - find and build your own for credit.

Then I did a few airplanes - just for the heck of it. Paragon's CV-22, Paper-Replika's MQ-1, and a Piper Cub built to plans for an old friend (Air Force historian, two-star general on the weekends, and proud owner of the Cub "Patches").

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p3250030.jpg
Rather agressively claimed by a local school teacher, modified to USAF configuration - note a bit o' "fitting" for the lower windscreen. Had to cut loose and redo - my bad, I think, not the design's
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p3200014.jpg
Donated to Combat Controller squadron
Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p3200011.jpg
Patches

To be continued ...

Last edited by Retired_for_now; 05-24-2010 at 06:51 PM.