View Single Post

Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik

At the outset, an apology. When I purchased this model it was my intent to create a build log because I was not able to find a complete one on my internet searches. However, when the kit arrived I was immediately intimidated and afraid I might have bitten off a lot more than I could chew attempting this model. I did not want to start a build log only to abandon it because I did not finish the model.

This kit is wonderful, the completed model is about 2 feet long. The colors are superb, the parts fit is excellent, and building it was a joy. Don't get me wrong, the kit does offer some challenges and there were a few mistakes on my part, but overall it was fairly uncomplicated to build although reading or speaking Polish certainly would have been a benefit. In addition to purchasing the kit I opted for all the laser cut parts available. Those laser parts made a huge difference in my managing to complete the build. That said, I found the bolts, rivets, and screws I purchased were a waste, they all delaminated. That could have been a manufacturing issue or my not understanding how to apply them. One more word about the laser parts, there are not laser replacement parts for all the parts in the kit. It is worth the time it takes to organize the laser parts up front. Using the laser parts pages I took the time to indicate on the parts pages if I had a laser replacement for that part. That was good otherwise I am sure I would have been laminating parts instead of using the laser part provided. However, I should have also correlated where the laser part was making it easier to find it when needed. Near the end of the build I felt the designer was getting tired of the model and left quite a bit to the builders imagination. But, as you can see I somehow managed to do what I thought was correct and created a decent model.

I found this hobby three years ago and thoroughly enjoy it. I am still in awe of the magnificent engineering it takes to create these wonderful models using paper.

I hope you enjoy the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0354.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0342.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0340.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0366.jpg   Central Pacific no. 60 Jupiter 1:25 by Modelik-img_0359.jpg