Thread: P.S. Pevensey.
View Single Post

Old 11-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.16 MB
P.S. Pevensey.

I read somewhere in these pages about a model of a Murray River paddle steamer named P.S.Pervensey designed by Jeroen van den Worm and produced by WORLD OF PAPERSHIPS in the Netherlands.
A little research, a little money and a little wait and it was on my bench.
I purchased it through Fentens of Germany, very fast service and fast post.
This is to be my first ever card model kit although I have been modelling in other mediums for a while.
The quality of the kit and single small laser cut sheet impressed me.
2 pages of photos, 1 of history, 4 of very clear instructions, 1 of exploded views, 9 of parts including a sheet of modified parts and a small sheet of laser cut parts.
She can be built as either the PS "Pevensey" or as she appeared in the Australian TV series "All The Rivers Run", the PS "Philadelphia".
Both vessels offer a simple or a detailed version.
I shall aim for the detailed version of the.... dunno yet.
Following the advise I have read on other threads I have copied and printed the parts sheets. I used card the same thickness as the original, 250 & 300 gsm.
It is my intention to show the build for the benefit of those who may wish to build the same and for the curious.
It is not my intention to "showcase" my work because I pale into insignificance compared to the abilities of many others and when I look at the POTW every week I can only hope that one day I could be a fraction as clever as those guys. But at 57 I'm leaving it a bit late.
I will post as progress allows as I have only limited time in which to model.
Attached Thumbnails
P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-001.jpg   P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-002.jpg   P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-003.jpg   P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-004.jpg   P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-005.jpg  

P.S. Pevensey.-pevensey1-006.jpg