Thread: For the Cats
View Single Post

Old 12-24-2015, 12:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I have enjoyed seeing the images of the cats (wish "Old Puss" had been a Pacific Fortress, John). Like many paper modelers, Lil and I share our house with a cat - an aging Pennsylvania Dutch farm tabby with a Japanese name: Tora-chan (Little Tiger Girl), s I couldn't resist joining in on this thread.

The first image seems relevant, although no paper models are visible, just Lil and oldest daughter, Peg, trimming the tree while Tora-chan takes a break from chewing on the low-hanging branches and batting the ornaments around.

Most of the ornaments were hand made in December 1971, when we were living in an apartment in Seoul, Korea. The tree will be officially commissioned tonight, when the two grandsons, emplace the cardboard and aluminum foil star that their dad made that year (fuzzy Image 2 is of last year's ceremony). Their Dad was 6 at the time, the grandsons are now 15 and 20 . Time passes.

T-chan sometimes bats at the ornaments and chews on the lower branches, but has never tried to climb into the tree. Nor has she ever damaged a paper model, although she sometimes views the work. Images 3, 4, and 5.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
For the Cats-151214_lil_peg_t-chan_tree.jpg   For the Cats-141224_kai-wei-tree.jpg   For the Cats-cannon_animals_151104c.jpg   For the Cats-stuart-001b-torachan.jpg   For the Cats-homeoffice_torachan.jpg  

Last edited by Don Boose; 12-24-2015 at 12:40 PM.