View Single Post

Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Talking about staining cloth with tea: I forgot to mention that you have to make sure that the cloth is entirely soaked with water before you put it into the tea. If you do it with dry cloth you will see a set of fantastic irregular stains instead of a nice equal color...

For carvings on the pinas I used a two-component 'kneadable steel'. It comes in a tube-like shape with a blue outside and a white core. You slice off a piece and knead it until it is light blue. Than you have about five minutes to make your statue, so you have to work quickly and with very small amounts. After drying you can still cut it with a sharp knife. It's not ideal, but it works reasonably easy if you know exactly what you want to make and it sticks to the underground, so you can make the decoration `in situ`. Wrong parts can be cut off and new material can be added if necessary. I use a sharp and a dull tooth pick to shape it the way I like. As soon as I have discovered how to make close-ups with my camera I will show what it can look like.