View Single Post

Old 04-13-2016, 01:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Yoav and Ricardo, thank you.

Yoav: When I started building I was quite distracted with many other things and it may have been my mistake due to misalignment or something else when I hurriedly started the model. Don't bother to check. I'll probably build the nose section again at some point in time as I could have done better. It usually takes a bit of time before I'm in a "flow".

Ricardo: Would be interested to see your Kfir! Before cutting I tend to spray the sheets with oil/acrylic based matt varnish. This protects the print. When finished with a certain section of a model I do touch-ups with a small brush to protect the edges with varnish, or simply apply another spray coat. Although I learned you have to be careful with that as the second layer usually dries up with a bit of shine and gluing parts on varnished surfaces does not always give a good bond, especially when using white glue. It's a bit of a trade-off.
The Mosquito is from Orlik and the Fokker D-21 is by Modelik. Great models, I can recommend them to your very skilled hands!

Erik