View Single Post

Old 04-17-2016, 02:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
So, after a few tweaks, I have a modified chassis to testbuild anew.

I was going to build at half scale, to save paper and materials, but its more trouble than its worth.
It also doesn't answer, acccurately, any fit issues.
So, I scrapped that idea...all test builds will be at full scale!

Minor measurement tweaks have been made to the longitudinal formers.
The biggest changes being the addition of spacers and blocks to position and glue the bulkhead formers.

The Bulkheads got a redesign in shape and dimensions...I also modified the cutout for the Drivers compartment.
And, I modified the tops of the Bulkhead to locate and lock into the top deck plate.

You'll also notice the first test of an interior component (the engine bay liner).
I have already modified the colouring...and the next test build will include floor/wall liners for the rest of the chassis.

The axles are not permanent...just testing the alignments, and using them to hold everything together.
Obviously the axles are way too long.
My plan was a short wooden dowel inside the suspension components for strength.

Once all the interior components are fitted into the hull, the top plate can be fitted.
This plate will covered by another skin and then support the upper extension of the Hull*.
*The Turret mates to the upper extension.

Even though there are already some corrections to this Chassis, I may build on it for a while.
At least test fit the interior parts.
But eventually I will build from scratch again, once I am confident of how things are going together.

Stay tuned.