View Single Post

Old 06-10-2016, 01:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 127.22 MB
Hi Jan,

I am astonished about the way you handle your material. I wish I could make a hull like you do.

As I mentioned before, recent research provided us with the fact that the historical Anna Maria appeared not to be a fluit, but rather a hagboat. The problem with the wreck at Dalaro was, that the powder room in the back of the ship exploded after the fire, so that nothing remained above the top of the stern post. Hence the mistake in determining the ship type.

For you that is no problem at all, many fluits with shapes like the one you make sailed the seas, but a hagboat is actually a sub-type, derived from the fluit.

Cor Emke, who made the drawing of the ship was a close friend, with whom I published several books. He died last year, age 84. That you found his drawing on a Russian site does not surprise me much. It seems they even published some of my books in Russian, of course without my permission. Well, communication between east and west has not always been easy lately....

Nevertheless I will follow your work on this fluit with much interest. Maybe you can choose another depiction on the stern, but that is not of any importance. What it is all about is, that you are making a beautiful ship model with your talent and we will be watching your work in awe.

Good luck,
Ab

Last edited by abhovi; 06-10-2016 at 02:39 AM.